Thursday, August 05, 2010

Part 2 Final Crit



It's taken me a while, Thanks Rachel for the reminder.
super image heavy post
I apologize for the quality of some of these images. I think I need a new camera

Rachel C. - all of her tweets translated into a binary form and knitted

detail
Rachel B. - braided rug taken to extremes

Nabila - a beautiful contemplative space created with twined jute and rice
Michele - knitting and embroidery used to tell a story of memory and remains
Maud - defining a 3-d space with small details and lots of visual impact

Veronika- knitted and fulled forms in tension and dialogMatt - a commentary on contemporary art making, big and red
Madeline - a knitted cocoon - stifling - with mysterious sounds
Jen - humor with an underlying darkness- still photo
the video

I got you Babe from Jennifer Liu on Vimeo.


Eun Hye - knitting used to define a corner, with a punch card text in Korean
Andrew - poetics of a knitted fabric in the urban landscape
Alex - memory of home unravels and re-imagines itself
So you made it through the whole post, congrats

This group of students was all above average. It's taken me a bit of time to post because the truth is I am a bit sad that I won't be teaching at MICA in the fall. It isn't all bad news though. The course material construction will be offered again in the spring 2011, and I will be there trying to inspire another group. Wow I love teaching!!!



2 comments:

Rachel Christensen said...

So great to be reminded of my classmates' work! I miss the class as well and I cannot wait for you to be back in the spring!!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Beautiful work and very inspiring :-)