Monday, February 11, 2008

search for a LYS

Since moving to Philly I've been trying to figure out a place to call my lys. I've been to many but none seemed like the right fit for me. This weekend I decided to take on an all out search for the lys I can call home.

I started out with those closest to me. Both nearby shops have great inventory knowledgable and friendly people, they invited me to knitting groups, but somehow They weren't for me. I also ventured into Queerjoe's territory. A super shop, but a bit too far for knitting nights.

Then I wandered into Sophie's Yarns, aah, yes. I could spend hours here talking knitting and just having fun. And I love the selection of yarn. Cascade always rates in my book and Jennifer had the latest.

So i'm happy to report I have a yarn home. and I'll be spending a few sunday afternoons here, when I'm not at shows. That's the only draw back. knit group on sunday and my schedule doesn't have many sundays.

1 comment:

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I am glad you found a new yarn "home" store! I'm curious...was one of the stores you went to Rosie's? (I dont know Philly, but I do love reading blogs of folks who work and/or shop there).