Monday, September 18, 2006

It's still hectic around here. I think that not having the time or a place to work makes me feel even more frazzled.

My day on Saturday was so so. I picked up our share at the farmer's market and I also bought a bunch of heirloom tomatoes.

Besides all of the knit blogs that I read I'm also addicted to food blogs. One of them Anne's Food has a great tomato soup recipe that I have been wanting to try. It was the perfect soup for an end of summer meal. It is spicy/peppery though. I also added a little extra virgin olive oil to the bowl, I think it helped to round out the flavors.

What really intrigued me about the soup was the ingredients. I've been reading about the foodways of precolombian America and I really wanted to use stuff that reflected the foods that were available before the conquest. Tomatoes, chilies with the addition of the sweetness of the sugar. The recipe seems like a riff on , I think Mayan cuisine. Any way try this soup, add the cayenne to your taste, but don't be afraid of the kick. That is part of the beauty of this soup. Thank's Anne.

More moving today and I need to prepare for Toronto. Blogging may be light.

No comments: