Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Looked like a good day

I got to the studio a little late today. I wasn't sure I was coming in, the weather is so great and I thought that I should maybe do some garden work. Then I thought , hey I'm going to be away from the studio all next week so I had better get in and work on some things. Then I can take them along on the trip to Chicago.

I was getting ready to knit when I heard a drip. At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but I knew it was from the bar upstairs. Then I figured it out. Right over the most expensive item in the shop the pipe was leaking. I jumped up pulled stuff off of the walls and away from the water. I called upstairs. They came down right away. and helped me move more things. Shit, it's the toilet upstairs and some how while they were cleaning this morning It came loose. ???

So they are suppose to get a plumber in this afternoon to fix it. The store's a wreck but there is, luckily no damage. O.K. I can deal with this. Just have to wait for the plumber.

I go to the knitting machine and It isn't cooperating. Yarns break. So there will be no studio wall photo today. I have to go and make nice to the knitting machine and get it back on my side.

I guess I'm glad I came in today. If I wasn't here during the leak it might have really been a disaster. Before going to knit though I think I will sit down, read the paper, have a cup of coffee and then with me all nice and calm I'll knit a few panels.

No comments: