Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rain makes me think too much


Documenting the process for me is hard sometimes. I've got all kinds of things going on and I'm trying to bring them all together into a coherent visual.

To put it another way. I am still working on the thinking part of the work. Today I'm looking at the embellishment of the surface again. A pretty obvious and direct way. Machine embroidered hand on the knitting.

Yesterday I was talking in my studio to a former gallery owner. I was showing the stuff on the wall and then the hand knitted socks and those ideas. He said that it must really help in freeing up the thought process working on the hand knitting. Uhm... yep, that's what I'm trying to do. and all of this post has been a long way of saying nothing is on the machine today.

No comments: