Monday, May 01, 2006

A step in the process



Some times when I'm trying to push through an idea I think it's good to play with a few ideas.
What if the knitting comes off of the wall and takes on some form?

I thought I would put these images out there. Really for me. Just to see If this idea might even have a possibility. It needs work. More specific I would say. Images made to then take on a third dimension.

In case you couldn't tell from this post I am floundering, or I feel like I'm floundering.

Even trying to come up with the words to describe what I'm thinking is difficult right now. So there it is. A step.

[an aside] Corbett I am looking forward to a knit day when you get back from N.C. I will dig out the dp's. Thanks for the sock help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
Knitted objects.
I've been playing around with the idea of knitted vessels.
Raising them with dif. increases and decreases. NOT felted.
Cool yarns. Habu's got this great silk wrap twine almost that I'm swatching (it's really stiff at a really small gauge) and a silk wrapped stainless steel to give more shape.
Hopefully I'll get to knit in the car.
I'll bring you some real NC barbeque, too.