Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sun burned, wind burned

and it was raining.

I was only at the market for 2 days but it sure felt like an eternity.

I can't begin to describe what fun it is to wake up at 4 am and go to the fields searching (with thousands of others) for antiques. By about 1 pm everyone is a bit punchy and I usually am ready to shoot someone. And that's just the start of it. Because we set up on a field that opens at one. Yes I am an especially good salesperson with an aching back and feet outside in the wind and rain watching my stuff get ruined. Well enough of that. It almost ( almost) made me look forward to being in the shop.
I do have to thank Fran though for taking over on Tuesday afternoon so that I could drive home a little bit earlier.

So how much knitted stuff got done during all of this? 0, That's a big fat zero.

This morning was spent putting things back into the shop, drying them off and wiping the dirt off of them. I'm getting too old for this.

Tomorrow, I promise, some knitting. Right now I've got to find my lip balm.

No comments: