Thursday, August 10, 2006

Two days off

I needed to take a little time off from the shop so I stayed at the house for the last 2 days trying to catch up on things.
I did mow the lawn and straighten up a little.

The best news from the last week. One of the pieces from the show sold.
Here is part of the review by Paul Smart that appeared in the Woodstock Times.

....Woodstocker John Krynick's knit cotton samplers of prosaic sentences, one stretching the entire last Norma Desmond "Mr. DeMille" speech from Sunset Boulevard across a dishtowel-sized surface. He's also got a series of fantastic woven newspaper works that someone should purchase immediately. One is an entire Sunday New York Times worked down to the size of a large washcloth; the other an entire week's worth of the same paper in the size of a bath towel.......

And the piece that sold was the Sunday NYTimes.

I've been working on the other knitted newspaper. Something is up with the blogger photo upload , or maybe with my connection so I will try to get the image up tonight from home with a different connection.

Yesterday Fran and I went to Bard to see "Uncertain States of America" . It is a show curated in Norway and traveling. Everyone was very young in the show, and there was reference upon reference to everything art-wise in America. I left it feeling confused but interested.....

Of Knitterly interest was the work of Jim Drain, aka Gorgon Radeo formerly of Forcefield.

So that was the week so far.

I have had a lot of comments about the the person in the shop on Monday. So far my favorite.

"Oh, that's proof, the martians are walking among us." .... thanks Michael.

No comments: