Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yesterday I had one of my revelations. I realized one of the reasons that I love living in this town.

The Artist's cemetery.

How many places can you think of with a separate cemetery (next to the town's cemetery) set aside for artists? Fran and I went there yesterday, looking for the grave of a local legend, Mary Weaver Wilson - who built the tower house around an oak tree. While we were there I just felt .... right... This is a really cool thing about Woodstock. There are musicians, and actor, and crafts people and painters, and sculptors. All in a special little place in town.

Some graves I noticed Hervey White founder of the Maverick artist's colony.

I also noticed Kuniyoshi's grave, and Guston's, and the Avery's. A real connection to history here.

I took photo's really I did but they aren't loading. Bah....

And now the links aren't working.
and Fran is pacing waiting to go somewhere....
Yikes, I started this off feeling nice and calm....

Deep breath

I also have a photo to post of the garage conversion.....

We're having an open house on the Saturday of labor day weekend. and we are showing the paintings of Mary Wilson. That prompted the trip to the Artist's Cementery and this post. Which somehow I have lost the thread of.....

Oh, well...... We're off for a day of art at Vassar.

No comments: